The first stone of this historical monument was laid in 1924, by Monseigneur Simeone, and the official consecration followed on June 7th,1929 with Monseigneur Rodié – being the feast day of the Sacred Heart. Of neo-Byzantine appearance, decorative and tasteful, it was built in tribute to those who had died during the Great War. Inside, simplicity of decoration can be observed, stained glass windows standing out, a creation by Valentine Reyree. A guest book can be consulted, where one can read the names of the 351 Ajaccians who had died for their country.
To be noted: an interesting exhibition has just started there, with nine panels relating a portrait of this parish.
Bld Sylvestre Marcaggi, Ajaccio